Monday, November 17, 2014

Soul Sedation

Hidden imp of slumber,
Rest these sleepy eyes.
Veil in piety so I know longer have to enchant.
For I too, need rest-
And the clock's arms don't wait.
Time becomes as clouded as my judgment.
Propriety runs the hourglass.
It sifts conducive moments.
Wasted interfering monologues are dancing in my head.
Tired, bruised personalities keep insomnia in motion.
Duck out of finding the meaning.
Dreams bring them to life.
If I could just escape to that world,
Maybe it would make sense.
Bloodshot windows to my soul haze concepts I wish to simplify.
My heavy eyelids nightly spill.
I whisper my desperate plea:
What are you hiding from?
As if you hear it in the wind.
Waiting for replies steadfast, but not strong.
I repeat the words as I close my eyes.
Gently share your reality.
For if you come with vengeance, overtired affliction is far worse.
There in the land of nod we are both present.
You still run away.
 I awaken, unrested and still unsure.
Analyzing thoughts, burying my head in my pillow.
I hope this isn't a diabotical plan to keep me awake.
Where are you comforting embrace?
Hallucinating after days, hoping to forget.
Responsibilities keep guarded truths at bay.
Depravation is where you hide my questions,
The answers seem impossible to grasp.
Rest is hard for fierce hearts.
They are constantly trying to figure out what to pursue.
Imagination lulls me unconscious.
I am robbed of what may be the truth.
Thought terribly hurts exhausted minds.
Comatose, my bliss continues to vibrate the blood in my veins.
Anxious for it's long awaited arrival, I cannot lay still.
Sleep, come with me to intoxication for it's the only way to stifle this lonley inquisitive soul.
Dumbing down and backing off requires sedation.
The vacant minded slumber is where I wish to stay.
I will relish in letting go.


No comments:

Post a Comment