Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Anchor

Causing ripples because l dropped into a sea of curiosity.
It was just an inquiry,
but it bursted into a funnel.
No intention for it's creation,
but since it's here let's enjoy the process.
Sucking you in.
Making you scared.
Your heart pounds,
and yet there is calmness.
Now the horizon is spinning.
Twirling on heavy words.
The carnival rides should be this dizzying.
In my head,
as if intoxicated,
I nervously try to claw up....
I ache and yearn.
Grasping the fierce competition underneath,
I fall again
rippling and floating on strange thoughts.
Nudging the querier as he sets onward to the turbulent bounding main.
I see the rusted anchor far beyond my reach.
The waters churn.
Mists and siren echos draw away my best efforts.
I'm eagerly waiting now at the bottom of the blue brine.
For the strength to lift this iron to the faulty raft and stop the motion for just one second.
I'll keep swimming against rough currents.
I will find you, adrift on choppy seas.


No comments:

Post a Comment