Monday, November 17, 2014

Bipolar Express

All aboard the bipolar express!
Elated to ride the thunder that rumbles in the pit of my stomach.
Today I was so happy to be in your presence.
So much so, the trip had me high on pleasant emotions.
Hopping down stairs, getting strange looks from other attendants-
Aggravated because they felt the same way....just 5 minutes ago!
But now we pull out of the station,
Depressive and in critical need-
To fill that pensive irrational point of view.
Who drives that engine of extremes?
I see it is the menagerie of bittersweet fights.
Faceless until you focus on your own thought.
A juggling clown or the grim reaper.
Boarders are laughing with tears running down their faces.
Half way through their shared delight,
We all realized it's short lived.
Chug on because we have to.
The super fine line of bliss and madness-
Corrupts us all, fulling the fire, and causing our backs to me thrown against the aged seats.
Manage to pull yourself forward, just to be tossed back again.
We turn and look at each other with the same concerned expression on our faces.
It's time to get off of this hell ride, but we know it is impossible.
Shout to the conductor!
I want off this one way voyage.
The destination was never determined.
We pass by every stop, excited then deflated.
The driver is pleased.
"Ah ha! You cannot stop your vehemence!", he shrewdly responds.
Mournful sighs fill the cabin.
So the train runs between our woes and delights everyday.
I knew my personal conflict but could see no end in sight.
Praying for derailment.

No comments:

Post a Comment