Monday, November 24, 2014

Distances

I'll circle like hawks surveying the land.
Keen sight had me confident I'd find you.
My vision couldn't determine the distance,
So I traveled for extended time before I could reach you.
A straight line to your heart would have been so easy.
Valuing the challenge, the mileage, and the course:
The struggle has meaning.
I trekked through grown over terrains hidden in captivity.
Retracing my steps frantically,
I assessed where I made a wrong turn.
Here, I trusted the stars to point the way.
North star set me unbalanced.
I'll follow Venus in her nightly glow.
Constellations followed by the wise still mislead.
Dull headed with no sense of direction,
I continued to follow dim light.
We should be star crossed.
Maybe the equation of distance,
should never have been added into my reflection.
I will turn to acknowledging that the difference in inches to miles,
Never changes sedimental memories.
You are always right here in my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment