Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Love for the Contradiction

Hold me, and push me away.
Smile and quickly frown.
Compliment then insult.
Love and then mourn with guilt.
Walk by my side, and then right past me.
Enjoy company, tell me to leave.
Laughter followed by silent crying.
Blush and say goodbye.

Dance, then sit in silence.
Touch, and regret the moment.
Talk, but ignore for days.
Be my friend, and slander my name.
Forgive, but never accept apologies.
Say hello with sarcasm.
Hold my hand, and hide.
Try to turn away, still beating a dead horse.

Ask to serve, but be the master.
Live, but act like you're dead.
Burn bridges, yet ask for help.
See signs, get lost along the way.
Anger, pretend everything is fine.
Say you don't want me, jealously.
Stand by me, then walk backwards.
Feel something, then nothing.
Look at me, squeeze eyelids shut.
Gaze, shake your head.

My little contradictions, tied up my brain.
See-saw with my heart, so when it drops I can look forward to the rise again.
I can expect the fight of direction will always swindle you.
The absolute escapes me, as insanity drags me away.
















No comments:

Post a Comment