Saturday, November 22, 2014

Bittersweet

Hey sweetheart, why do I dare look you in the eye?
I'll stare past you so you have a to dig in the candy jar.
There's apparent jawbreakers in there.
Confessing sweet sediments will sour my stomach.
Bitter nags nauseate my joy.
A swollen sore tongue slurs what I need to say.
Candyman, tempt me.
I'll eat up the worth of your company.
Listening to your sourness completely sweetens my disposition.
I'm still here after our rotten teeth and bloated bodies struggle to go on.
The malnutrition of empty words still fill me up.
Hyper from syrupy emotions, buzzing with casual tart remarks-
I can only taste this sparingly.
Too much would keep me dazed and stupid.
Be my occasional indulgent regret-
When the stomach ache wears off, I'll be back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment