Thursday, April 9, 2015

Oh My Breath

Oh my breath...
There's never as yawn that completely releases me.
The heart pounds at night.
As merciless as the two faced companion.
Dare I indulge?
There's never a compromise.

You make the heart so undeniably heavy.
I want to rest but I carry a heart of stone.
It does not beat on...
It pounds on.
This requires pronounced excursion.
Inhale, exhale...
You're in my damn veins,
intertwining and vibrating
every spare second,
and every inch of skin
until tears begin to fill
and I scream
STOP!

I just realized again
that you are not here.
All day long I try to remove you
with a series of sighs
as I repeat a prayer in your name.

It's a sacred moment-
already on my knees
and feeling like a a martyr.
Here is the mantra:

Oh my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment