Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Draw like a child.

I colored outside of the lines.
You never deciphered the big picture.
Scribbling maniac.
I draw vivid sinfulness-
while you pretend to only enjoy refined art
in museum light.

Running around a masterpiece,
stales enthusiasm and victimizes hopes-
Yet sympathizing the abstract doodles:
Smiley faces...
Stupid little hearts...
and fanciful ways to write the initials of your name...
I will color for you like a child.

Carry me away.
Tie rocks to my body
as you toss me in a painted stream.
Just like the great masters.
It was a more tasteful work of art than
anything that exuded passion...
I suppose.

Settle restless etchings of good intentions,
you've seen one too many amateur artists.
You think we are all the same...
but oh my dear,
I may draw on my red lips inspiring drab
nuances of the careless
because
my world is colorful,
and you stay in only black and white.


No comments:

Post a Comment