Monday, December 1, 2014

3 am Miracles

At 3 am silence erupted.
Miracle, and the devil sat in the corner.
My mind flashed with persuasion, vehemence,
and hopeless love.
Peeling my blackening blankets from my face,
the taunting conformity begins.
My heart pounds.
Teeth clutch.
Tears draw tell-tale lines of repetition.
Benevolent hearts.
Resentful chemistries.
Poor, hapless chances of luck.
Bombardment is a quick fledge of angry wolves-
Running up my sides, tearing off my skin.....
Here comes the drain.

Staining sweated sheets, and
muffling squirms.
Snapping back in aggression-
I cave and calm.....
It is just shock.

Wided eyed in panic,
I scramble for plans to
obtain your needed mercy.
Miracle, sweet miracle that
has enlightened....

I wonder if I press your hand
against my chest
this human heart
could bring
my dear, sweet miracle.

Clarity erects the tombstone.
Seems my blind heart never
gives up.
As I pathetically weep,
I pray for a miracle
that I
can fight the devil
away.


No comments:

Post a Comment