Monday, October 26, 2015

The Eclipse

I was called to the graveyard
during the eclipse of the moon.
For I was alone during the darkness of consideration.
Diminished of precious light.
Sometimes the only way to sort out life is to look at the names of the dead.
We talk in the same way.
Hoping that the living love
recognizes
parts of us
are intentionally still with them.

Sky as cloudy as my mind
hung like curtain
red and grayish blue.
Then the moon came out.
Not many had the chance to see it
that night,
but I witnessed this
in a stricken moment
when the veil
was going to show a surprise
since they know
I am always listening.

Surrounded by bodies layered in cold earth and stone I heard a bell.
All of us in the parameter
see if knowing hearts listen.

When "I miss you" is not enough,
and you realize you're not always tough come be with me.
I too
am the mist in the shadows.
A candle without a flame.
I can speak your name a thousand times today and know what it's worth.
Carry me on your left shoulder
as I stare at the ground.
I am not yet in the oak or pine.
All of the flowers,
and sorrow at funerals
only show what's left undone.
If you dig me a hole I'll sit there waiting.
I know why ghosts try to haunt.
There are words yet to say,
and we cannot rest until our mistakes are justified.

No comments:

Post a Comment