Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Injury

Noisy distortion.
There's an aversion only certain eyes can see,
and the injury doesn't want to be shown today.

Pull up the hood.

You could take my hand,
but try not to throw and elbow.
Blind sided by your expression,
-right at this moment-
It's best just to look away.
My soul is already limping behind me
struggling just to catch up.

If you fired a gun into the sky
you still manage to hurt me.
Some intensities can only be handled on the fly.
No owner means never using a leash.

Inside a torn vessel
a vexation makes a fraudulent face.
Upturned lips are for vices lifted,
but this defect wanted to keep some parts of our story.
All the ones that make the discomfort last
because if it still hurts
it means the torture isn't over yet.

There is an injury.
A deep hidden painful reminder.
I never gave it your name
because I chose to keep it with me.
I wear it daily.
This is a self inflicted deformity
and it is not one that is well understood.

I would show you these scars
but since you've cut deeper
than any of my butchered past
I can't see how you would ever realize
what it means to heal over,
and rise above
darkness and peril.

You are most of the sacrifice.
The one who does the most work.
Sometimes it's crucial to lay off one pain for another.
Next time, don't be so selfish.
I am expecting your infliction to destroy me.
Offer that sword.
Slice through the exposure.
Either heal the injury,
or blow me away.
The options are the same.








No comments:

Post a Comment