Saturday, March 28, 2015

10 Chapters


There's no story
quite like the fiction
written on your face.

If you are happy
well then I guess it holds true
that we shouldn't judge
ourselves by outside covers.

Still, I am here to tell this story
because when I am gone
my proclamations will still remain.

A chronicle came and went
between dialogs, and hiding in mysteries
that I paged through
while in decision...
One that said everything about us.


What chapters will you remember?

Chapter One, The beautiful feeling:
Even the illustrations don't refect your past glory, but I really don't like this foreshadowing. I was watching some feathers on a shelf and paint brushes in old pickle jars.  It reminded me of the hair around your ear. A bit messy.  Not straight or organized. Kind of funny because I started to get my life together. Maybe I can write this as a comedy.

Chapter Two, Turn me away:
The plot makes no sense.  If you're the hero at least type up some honesty. It appears this is some kind of romance novel...but one that belongs with the bargain books. What a suspenseful letdown.

Chapter Three, Half fasted forgiveness:
The next chapter you should make some changes.  I believe in your edition even when you don't. I guess I won't close this book just yet.

Chapter Four, In love with you again:
I was going on a feeling that things would change.  Plot twist. You're still the same. Just harder to read.  How many more pages will be written about you? This is becoming a terrible tale.

Chapter Five, I must be an idiot:
Blank page stares.  Confusing storylines. Sometimes you're too hard to follow. These leaves unfold and unravel as soon as I have them bound.  Stitching this spine means the literature won't leave my head.  All random loose writings hold more weight emotionally, but a best seller should be more professional.

Chapter Six, Time to stay away:
Sometimes I wake up with a pen in my hand.  You see, I was trying to poetically rid myself of you before you follow me to my dreams. It never worked, you know.

Chapter Seven, I wanted to see you:
If you ran a finger down the brail raised on my arms you would see I wasn't joking last time.  When I started at the line beside your eye I couldn't tell if you were squinting at your lie or that you couldn't bare to look at me.

Chapter Eight, Thanks for the heartbreak:
Can't find time to look at this right now.  Right now.  Read this later.  All the words I wrote seemed to run right off into bottles of whiskey and cheap beer.  I now understood why the best writers drank so much.  It's the only way to numb yourself to deal with such painful thoughts.  Pass on the liquor, this is the only way you are tolerable.

Chapter Nine, Just as usual:
The kids left a book on the coffee table.  "Things That Go Bump in the Night"
I kept glancing at it every time I remembered something that scares me. I think I'll just turn this over. I worried that you were a villain.  Maybe I should choose an alternate ending.

Chapter Ten, Don't forget to write:
You said you'd care for me despite all these scribbled rantings.  Those words were barely understandable late at night when there wasn't going be any sleep and blurred visions were fading away.  You always have the same answer when I ask you what I should do.  Keep writing.  One day, just as the story is about to be forgotten pick up your own pen.



No comments:

Post a Comment