Thursday, November 12, 2015

Lynn

That woman embodied everything I wanted to be...

She had rings on her fingers
and bells on her toes.
A shoulder for when I had been thinking
while dancing in funky pantyhose.
When I saw she loved life
like so many true souls do
losses were forgotten
and I could never be blue.

We dance like interpreters
of courageous star light
when darkness exists
long after the night.
Blessed is dear Lynn
that keeps myself standing tall.
A friend forever
telling me to stand instead of fall.
Despite when I shouldn't be proud:
acting of nuisance and crying aloud.
That's the woman I wanted to be,
when these swollen eyes can barely see.
She's my best friend
always
when all nonsense is ever present there.
Thank my Celtic wisdom heir.
When mothers and sisters turned out to be none,
thank god for Lynn,
A love I finally won.

No comments:

Post a Comment