Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Dear October

Dear October,
You were always my favorite month.
Even though seeing you was a reminder that the weather will soon be cold, in more than one way.

You were auspicious for my every journey.  I was a heroine of my own fate.  Maybe it was your suggestive color; rufescent leaves in a painted picture.  Apricot sunsets that made me feel dignified although technically absurd in behavior.  You were mildly sympathetic.  I was very appreciative.  If I haven't said it enough, thank you for that.

My one sweet month out of a whole year of disappointments.  I miss you so, October.  Someone said I was a magical scroll.  You're an Utopian dream where everything fell into place.  Then the calendar page turned.

I may have been too hesitant while you were here before, but I swear the next time you come...I won't waste anymore time.

Love you always,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment