Monday, December 9, 2013

Distractions

If I timed my day out into distractions,
I'd always be annoyed with my actions.
Deciding to think instead of being productive,
Wondering instead of doing.
If I timed my day out into distractions,,
I'd always be annoyed with my actions.
I watch the time float away with each unproductive breath I take,
Knowing there isn't any way to get it back, and that in itself is enough to make me procrastinate some more.
If I timed my day out into distractions,
I'd always be annoyed with my actions.
There's no silence in my head when I'm alone with my thoughts,
and when the day is done and all I can think about is what I didn't do.
If I timed my day out into distractions,
I'd always be annoyed with my actions.
Each person has a vice that they use to ignore the truth.
Mine is thinking, worrying, and stressing over every aspect of my life that I cannot control.
If I timed out my day out into distractions,
I'd always be annoyed with my actions.
It has become a mantra that I repeat over and over hoping it gets me through the worriment.
As the Months carry on with each new day feeling like a burden because I can never catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment