Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Number Sentence

If number were letters,
and I added them up to an equation
that sums up my past and your's equally:
Shall I see a value
in a vagrant richness
that's expensive,
and worth everything I've ever had.
100% heartache
with zero down payment.
Maybe you use cheap words.

I'll reach deep into my pockets
for change to count this out.
You jingle when you walk,
and I can't wait to hear the sound.
Like wind chimes in an Autumn wind.
I barely two cents
to rub together
like lips and a face that had 5 o'clock shadow.
There and gone.
Continuing to be a bit worthless.

I calculate these words.
What's left should be an account
of a broke heart.
A definition of sacred titled texts
and people you call upon late at night.
Zero is a number
celebrants waiver
in my empty wallet of mind.
One is in a heart
without any want
or need
of monetary value
for the other.
I never keep spare,
loose change in my mind.

I hold my coin purse;
a thesaurus,
as he knows this will cost me.
We wait in the sallow cold.
I counted the smiling wrinkles
next to his eye
belonging to a wondering
banker who empties
satirical thought.
I must cost a pretty penny.
May I have a rate again
in a town full of trash and stupidity.
These affections are costing a fortune
not in dollar bills,
but in hands and feet.
I will ask of nothing,
but still look at the value
of the hours I stay awake.
The numbers on the clock.
My thoughts on who has worth.
This sums up a word problem.
You can say "I love you" but what's the percentage interest these days?
I am your figure
paid in paragraphs
in contiguous claim.
One of these days
the mean will be nothing at all.
I hope you think about savings.
It's all but a description
of who's always in your mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment