Monday, May 11, 2015

Nave

Love has gone astray.
Apostles stumbling down
a holy pathway.
Go towards the alter
which is a flower covered street.
It's been
fallen on
danced down
skipped down
kissed upon..
Made into a choir.
Swept...as we were brushed off.
We'll be okay.
I've been fasting.

All these petals
landed on a considered hike.
This is what you learn on a pilgrimage:
disciples get confused when it snows in May.
Maybe hell froze over,
but it still looks beautiful.

Sins and graces.
Prayers and memories.
All my favorite founderies
bellow echoes of times before.
Of course, all gems
lasted timeless
on angels,
and not on failed sainthood.
Trail behind them
towards heaven or hell.
We won't live forever.
Lean on the sign post
as they slip away.
Confessional forgiveness
is asked from all I held too high.
I can holler up towards the one
shut down and out
from the same precious lane,
but he's gone,
and I'm following a Buddhist friend.
I never claimed to be a
holy roller...
and that is why
we found ourselves
spouting out the damnation
in our lives...
Hug me tight,
for the next day
we will walk past again.
The bells ring
at the same scheduled time.

Ritualize a cathedral built with
church steeple hands
of guilt and triumph.
Here are the people.
Remember when we showed humanity?
We will be judged.
I've have been schooled
on a busy street
of tourists and trash,
and they turned me away
from the frequent scene
that stares you down.
It is not all sacred.
I lost my shoes
then all hope.
Bring out my robe.
Where there's a heartfelt guilt trip
I bury a slight liking
to those who came along
smiling and laughing
in belligerence and silliness.
Drunken monks.
The heart beats with every foot step.
Patron guide,
lost soul fellow,
thanks for seeing me homeward.
It's time to close the doors
to let us pray.



No comments:

Post a Comment